Title: Maintenance Technician Categories: maintenance Job Information: Under general supervision, performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment. Performs related duties as assigned.
Reports to: Maintenance Superintendent
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-exempt; eligible for over time)
Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification.
General Maintenance and Repair of Buildings, Facilities, Equipment, and Grounds
Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various buildings and facilities including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, glazier, masonry, and painting tasks; Service HVAC equipment, services and installs kitchen appliances, reports mechanical malfunction to appropriate party for action, move and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various sites; exercise discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person; annotates and updated work orders, responds to emergency calls during and after regular work hours; maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
- Carpentry Performs basic rough and finish carpentry work in construction and repair of structures such as walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, and shelves.
- Glazier Removes broken glass, putty, or plastic; replaces window and door hardware, replaces or arranges for replacement of windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Electrical Performs basic electrical installation and repair work in wiring for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, power circuits and appliances; repairs lighting systems, inspects electrical systems for unsafe conditions.
- Plumbing Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks, opens clogged lines and drains, replaces washers and other minor parts, replaces fixtures.
- Painting Applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, performs drywall and plaster repair, repairs wall coverings.
- Masonry Lays forms, mixes, pours, and finishes concrete for sidewalks and slabs, performs repairs.
Education, Training, and Experience
Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
Methods used in maintenance including basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, glass replacement, painting, masonry, grounds keeping, appliance repair, and electrical wiring; standard practices and tools used in the maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities; safety practices and procedures related to the building trades; basic math to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Skill and Ability to Effectively use a variety of hand and power tools; various power equipment, review and identify projects needed to be serviced by outside contractors; follow oral and written instructions, communicate effectively in oral and written form, maintain work logs; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments; achieve reasonable levels of production as set by supervisor.
High School Diploma or GED, valid Ohio Driver’s License, legal to work in the United States, willingness to work outside in inclement weather, ability to respond to emergency calls after regular work hours, owns basic hand tools.